Known for the luxurious penthouses and condominium choices, the Aspen Central Core neighborhood provides plenty of shopping, nightlife, dining and much more. Residents can take the gondola up Aspen Mountain and enjoy the beautiful views of Independence Pass, Red Mountain and Aspen Mountain.
The neighborhood is one of the most walkable in Aspen with many shops, restaurants and activities found within just a short walk. Residents also find plenty of activities throughout the area to enjoy, such as hiking, biking, fly fishing, rafting, skiing and much more. For those enjoying amazing luxury, the fine art galleries and pristine spas found near Aspen Central Core provide plenty of luxury.
Luxurious Condominium Buildings in Aspen Central Core
The Downtown Core area of Aspen provides a number of luxurious condominium buildings. From standard units to penthouses, plenty of options are found throughout the neighborhood. Top condo buildings in Aspen Central Core include:
- St. Regis Residences – A building with plenty of amazing luxuries, St. Regis provides state-of-the-art electronics, stone fireplaces, honed marble floors and whirlpools. There are a limited number of condominiums within this building and all residents enjoy concierge service and access to the Remede Spa.
- Clarendon – Found near downtown, the Clarendon condominium building provides a private heated pool, sauna and hot tub. They also provide passes to the Aspen Club & Spa, along with many other luxury features. Clarendon features three-bedroom deluxe and luxury townhomes with plenty of elegance.
- Independence Square – A building with a rooftop sun deck and hot tube, Independence Square provides plenty of amenities including ski lockers, housekeeping services and more. The building has standard, deluxe and premier residences found only one block from the Silver Queen Gondola.
- Chateau Chaumont – A convenient condominium building in the heart of downtown Aspen, Chateau Chaumont provides amazing views of Aspen Mountain. Residents enjoy easy access to the Silver Queen Gondola, along with plenty of luxuries in the standard and deluxe units.
- Chateau Dumont – With a convenient location and access to the Aspen Club & Spa, Chateau Dumont provides plenty of luxury. The standard and deluxe units provides a great location and plenty of amazing views.
- Hyatt Grand Aspen – With 50 luxury condominiums ranging from studio to four bedrooms, Hyatt Grand Aspen provides generous floor plans. Condominium units provides wood detailing, full kitchens with Viking appliances and plenty of luxury features.
Several of the condominium buildings found in the Aspen Central Core neighborhood provides all types of luxury. They are located close to some of the finest nightlife in Aspen, along with easy access to top skiing and other activities.
More than Just Condominiums
The Aspen Central Core neighborhood provides more than just condominiums. You will also find plenty of apartments, single family homes and “time-shares” throughout the area. Many of the homes are located very close to the top shopping and restaurants. Single family homes provide a bit more privacy with a patio or a small yard.
The neighborhood provides an urban lifestyle with plenty of luxuries found nearby. Whether living in a condo, penthouse, single family home or apartment, residents are right in the middle of the action.
Shopping is plentiful throughout the Aspen Central Core neighborhood. The downtown area provides brands, such as Gucci, Prada and many more. Along with the well-known luxury brands, residents enjoy access to local boutiques throughout the area.
A large part of the downtown area is a pedestrian walking mall with no motorized vehicles allowed. From Galena Street to Monarch Street, the mall provides plenty of great shopping options for residents to enjoy.
Many of the best Aspen restaurants are found within walking distance of the homes in downtown Aspen. Choices, such as Jimmy’s, Rustique Bistro, The Wild Fig, The Red Onion and many others are found right downtown. Every blog provides something new with more than 20 excellent restaurants found right in the Aspen Central Core area.
Other Downtown Attractions
Along with the shopping and restaurants, the downtown area of Aspen provides many art galleries and the Aspen Art Museum. The museum provides plenty of events throughout the year and the downtown area is known for hosting events, as well.
The Wheeler Opera House is also found within the area with plenty of shows held annually. It’s found close to Popcorn Wagon, Su Casa and Above the Salt, which are all top restaurants. Eric’s Bar is also found nearby, along with the Cigar Bar for those seeking nightlife.
The Guest Pavilion is also found downtown, along with the Cooper Avenue Mall. Residents enjoy the brick walkways, along with the history found throughout the area. The Aspen Candy Company provides something for the sweet tooth and its home to a seven-pout gummy bear. You can also enjoy the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory found downtown.
Of course, living in Aspen means easy access to excellent skiing. For those choosing the downtown area, skiing is literally found just outside the door. The ski lifestyle is very alive downtown with the Silver Queen Gondola and a few other gondolas found near the top condominium buildings. You can simply put on your ski boots and head up the gondolas for plenty of skiing fun. It’s even easy to get all your ski gear with local sporting goods stores found downtown.
Luxury Rental Market
Many downtown home owners choose to live in Aspen only for a part of the year. They choose the Aspen Core neighborhood to take advantage of the luxury rental market. Many of the properties are rented out for the time the owners are not planning to be in Aspen.
Whether you decide to live in the Aspen Central Core neighborhood year-round or just for a portion of the year, you’re sure to enjoy some of the finer things of the area. Luxury is found all throughout the neighborhood from the amazing views to the skiing to the dining and so much more. If you’re considering a home in Aspen, Colorado, make sure to put the downtown area at the top of your list.